Went Catchin' The Other Day!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
Registered
Hi Guys,
I have a friend that river guides as his source of income. He's a great guy and really knows fishing!
He got a hold of me and asked if i wanted to go out and knock down a couple Stripped Bass on the Sacramento River near a little town called Colusa.
we knocked them down.
there was 6 on the jet river boat and we got our limits and had a great time doin' it.
some pictures of the fish and an ugly guy holding one!
First%2BFish.jpg

Catchin%27.JPG
Fish%2B2.jpg

the limit it 2 on the sacramento!
thanks for reading!
feel free to leave a comment or a fishing story!

Nice stripers! The ones we have around here don't get that big. They're feisty little fish though. They're actually a close relative of a fish we call a white bass and there is no limit or season on them.

Nice fish.
I got fed up with drowning bait here and nothing to show for it so set up an aquaponics system.
Now I bait a hook with a pea and catch fish for dinner from the tank. Easy ;) catch one every time.
The 100 Jade perch fingerlings went in 15 months ago at 25mm long and on average today are approx 1.5Kg in weight.
60 have already been eaten. Yummy and no bag limit.
8 plump fishes.jpg
These were "caught" last November, the largest was 1.25Kg the smallest 870 grams.

i haven't had the pleasure of feasting on those jade perch , how do you cook them up

That lot were cleaned, gutted and de-scaled, dipped in flour and shallow fried .

Hit post instead of upload a file.
this should follow on from above.
friends food_0002.jpg
When fried use a clean pan very hot, sling in a heap of salted butter and swirl it around till it melts then starts to foam, the bubbles will get smaller and smaller then start to colour.
As it gets light golden brown sling in the juice from at least one lemon, it will hiss and spit but swirl it around, throw in a heap of chopped parsley and immediately tip over the fish.
This will work for virtually any fish, the lemony nutty butter taste is pretty good.

friends food_0002.jpg

Nice fish.
I got fed up with drowning bait here and nothing to show for it so set up an aquaponics system.
Now I bait a hook with a pea and catch fish for dinner from the tank. Easy ;) catch one every time.
The 100 Jade perch fingerlings went in 15 months ago at 25mm long and on average today are approx 1.5Kg in weight.
60 have already been eaten. Yummy and no bag limit.
View attachment 99472
These were "caught" last November, the largest was 1.25Kg the smallest 870 grams.
So, what kind of tank do you have? Size? Fish food?
I'm interested.
Aaron

Back