Went To The Auction Today

Congrats to the both of you! I almost wish I'd have been back in Oregon to attend the shindig. Jim, that "thing" looks kinda like some of the assembly line tooling we used to build at HP (Corvallis) when I was there. I've used a number of Parker-Daedal servo motors over the years. Hope you got the cables along with the controllers!

Congrats to the both of you! I almost wish I'd have been back in Oregon to attend the shindig. Jim, that "thing" looks kinda like some of the assembly line tooling we used to build at HP (Corvallis) when I was there. I've used a number of Parker-Daedal servo motors over the years. Hope you got the cables along with the controllers!

Something like that, I understand that this machine came from Nike, and was made by a company in Bend. And yes, I did get the cables and drives. I haven't had time to really look at what I have. The controller looked like an OPTO22 B3000, but not sure, I just glanced at it. Going to have to get up to speed on OPTO22 programming again, it's been about 20 years. I need to download all the data sheets for them. One set of motors will be CNCing my DoAll grinder, the others may wind up on my lathe.

Alloy just that Baldor motor if it runs well was worth the money you paid. I clearly need to get in on this auction stuff.

Jim you might have the makings of a welding rotary positioner. I would love to have one but these things cost a boat load of money, $2,200 for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're still working on getting the new head onto the mill, but we ran the motor and it's very quite and no vibration in high range or in back gear. so far so good.

I'll post more about it and pics in my Kent mill thread.

So far I'm pretty happy about my purchase.

we ran the motor and it's very quite and no vibration in high range or in back gear. so far so good.

That's Great!
Congrats on the successful shopping trip.
-brino

nice score .. that looks a lot like the head on my acer mill ... cept mine has the vari drive... if it does not work out for you I would love to have a chance to upgrade my head..

rich

The grinder is cherry. The mill head may have been used on a planer or something like that. Great buy.

Back