What about storage

churchjw

Active User
Registered
Looks really good. I like the containers. For the last little bit I have been trying to move away from open shelving to closed cabinets and draws. This is because I do wood working and metal in the same area so have to do all I can to keep dust out. I have had good luck at state auction sites with schools getting rid of office cabinets. The older stuff they tend to get rid of is very heavy steel. The horizontal filing cabinets that are for hanging folders work great. Our cat use the Tidycat cat litter that comes in these great square yellow buckets. They have locking hinged lids and fit better than 5gal round buckets on shelves. Not to mention they are free. Might try a posting on Cregs list in your area to see if any cat owners have some to give away.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24370911@N08/5513664284/

Jeff

i made shelves in my garage, i went down one wall, i wish i would have bought a storage building instead... the shelves take up alot of floor space and they absorb a lot of light (make it darker)..

at some point i might put some doors on the shelves and paint them white..

Very neat and organized, just the opposite of my shop. The problem I have is, I don't work in the state I live in, so between the commuting, projects are left in stand by for a week at a time.

Nice setup Bill i wish i had room for more storage but its just not there.

Paul

Bill

What Dollar store did you get those at? Family Dollar, Dollar General And I forget the other one. We have 3 different Dollar stores here!

Paul

Thats the one I didn't think of, I'll check it out tomorrow.

Paul

Thats a great idea Bill, couldn't you label them? I went to the dollar tree this morning they didn't have anything that could be used in the shop.

I'm going to check the other stores when I get time.

Paul

Back