What are you listening to right now?

Mostly Lynyrd Skynyrd these days. So many wonderful YouTube videos now.

Nothing currently. I have a new (to me) car and the radio works. I listen to AM talk radio out of NYC more then anything else. I do have FM music stations programmed in also. My station of choice is 104.5 ALT Radio from Philly. I grew up on classic/hard/metal. Upon movimg to NJ in 1994, I nearly lost my mind when the rock stations all seemed to be playing the same 3 somgs over and over. I started cranking the dial. I found an alternative rock station and got bit hard. Nearly 30 years ago.

I still like a lot of my old music. That may be because I haven't drilled it into my head constantly since I was 13. I'll never understand how people crave no variety in their life. Actually I may though. About the exact same time I was changing my listening habits, I redisovered grits, with sugar and milk, and ate it every day for 6 months. And I do mean everyday. If I wasn't clear enough, EVERY single day. Loved the stuff.

I can't listen to politics all the time. I go on hiatus. There are periods when I listen to nothing. Can't take too much music in my head like when I was young. I started listening to a bit of lute music a while back. That trend didn't last. Even gave the hurdy gurdy a whirl.

I have a friend who listens to jazz. Pat Metheney, Adam Savage, that sort of thing. All instrumental. I don't get it and probably never will. He really can't listen to anything else he says. Whatever. I hate to seem insulting. It's not my intent. But jazz music of that variety seems to be the biggest scam. Lol sorry if that burns anyone.

Ok no one was looking for my abbreviated life story (I skimmed the entitr thread). Try this

Or

I'm not a follower of theirs. That's all that came to mind.

I still need to move my stereo from the old house... using my old turntable here for now... Wife wanted to listen to this one this morning

Norah Jones - I Dream of Christmas.jpeg

Back