What are you listening to right now?

You left out the Kinks. Also one of my fave bands.

When you say Kinks people always think Lola. When I listen to them that's never 1 I listen to. I often forget it existed.

Lazing about listening to those well respected men at the height of their fashion on a sunny afternoon all day and sometimes all night really got to me like flying a supersonic rocket ship into the sunset at waterloo but I got tired of waiting till the end of the day wondering where all the good times had gone and if everybody will ever be happy.

Isn't "in the summertime" part of it's lyrics? Lol or am I thinking of another song.

The Kinks are so underrated though. Damned good band.

Beautiful traditional Christmas music to take me back a little. May we all have a relaxing and very merry Christmas and a very nice, safe New Year. Thanks to all for the educational and interesting posts over the past year.

The beginning reminded me of an Amy Winehouse song.

Listening to the Kinks helps me to temporarily overcome my revulsion of tbe 60s. I can't think of a band that has the same.effect.for me for the 50s. The 30s and 40s were.cool to me strangely.

Underrated causes under appreciation. People just aren't aware of the range of styles they put out.

If this MASTERPIECE doesn't sell you on the Kinks, nothing will (apologies for all the commie photos LOL):

Back