What brand mill is this?

bimmerbill

Registered
Registered
Hello everyone,
I picked up a mill/drill a while ago and am trying to figure out which brand it is.
I think its a RF-40 clone. Round column but same size as the RF-45.
20140321_074840.jpg20140321_074829.jpg20140321_074821.jpg

It came with an "owners manual" but there was no indication who made it.
The manual is a copy of the Enco mill-drill model 105-1145. Not sure the one I got is the original but it sure looked old and well used.
I can't figure out the logo on mine. OM? OMT? Though it may be OTMT but they have no info on that model.
Thanks,
Bill

20140321_074840.jpg 20140321_074829.jpg 20140321_074821.jpg

Thanks, I found that too and it references the "Precise ZX-280"
I couldn't find any info on Precise. Wasn't sure it was the company, or the model name.

I'm trying to find out if a RF-45 square column is a direct bolt on.

There are a large group of factory,s in China that produce the same base design mill at varying quality standard,s with there on quirks built at the time of Mfg.:thinking:
The odds of finding a perfect match up are not good IMHO.
Why do you want a rf45 head on it???? not much better as Chi-com equipment goes (I have the Enco version of the RF45) rather than fight the match up I would look for a RF45 used or new & sell what you have, Just my 2cents worth but what do I know :nuts:

I believe it has the RF-45 head. I just wanted to investigate fitting it with a square/dovetailed column.

How about a pic of the complet mill that will help.

My guess is that it will cost you more in dollars and time that it would be worth trying to convert it to square column. I'd sell it and use that money towards the purchase of a square column mill. If this doesn't appeal to you then just get good at resetting the head to zero when milling and the round column will work fine for most folks.

There are a lot of ideas for re-setting/maintaining zero of the head on a round column. Yahoo has a mill/drill group you should visit if you haven't already.

Keith

Back