What could a guy make out of this piece of brass?

tbone8

Registered
Registered
Stopped by our local scrapper today and picked up this brass gem. Its a 20"x24"x1/4" thick brass plate. Story goes, some place used it as, of all things, flooring! Evidently they coated it with epoxy after laying it down to protect it. Not sure what to do with it, it is super cool...

IMG_0227.JPG

if you were so inclined,
the brass would be an excellent base for a model steam engine.

if you were to watch Clickspring on Youtube,
you may become inspired to make your own version of the Antikythera Device :grin:

A base for a steam engine is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture.

Stopped by our local scrapper today and picked up this brass gem. Its a 20"x24"x1/4" thick brass plate. Story goes, some place used it as, of all things, flooring! Evidently they coated it with epoxy after laying it down to protect it. Not sure what to do with it, it is super cool...

View attachment 371282
You can make some barn door wheels and cut out the spokes on roto ray table and the back of the wheel make of steel I’m going to try with my machine soon. Also mill out stamping stuff like hot stamping leather pics or alphabet for pantograph

Brass plate is something that I treasure and tend to hoard. Especially larger pieces. At over $1 per square inch, I wait the just the right project to come along.

Here is what I did with some brass plate. Gifted them for some of our neighbors. A description of the machining process is here in post#3444.

Memorial Plaque .JPG

IMG_20150506_113721516.jpg

Back