What did you learn today?

Today I learned I can still get really ****** off. My wife called while I was in town, and asked if I could get her some lettuce, I said I was already down town, and the super markets are all on the far east end of town. I was pulling a trailer and didn't want to go all the way back in rush hour traffic. She said how about the heath food store which is in old town, so I said ok. No parking on the street and only single space parking around the perimeter of the lot. So I parked in the center of the lot leaving plenty of room for everyone to get in and out. Was back out in literally two minutes, and there's some young guy standing by the rig and says you can't park there, next time I'll have you towed. I say fine. Then he says " are you listening to me, to which I reply f*** off. I turn to leave, and he says "Oh! Yeah!" I turned around and stuck my nose right in his face and replied Yeah! Where upon he skedaddled into the store. I did consider for just a second punching him in the throat, but I've spent many years trying to become a pacifist, and I'm too old and too pretty to go to jail. Mike
What is the official designation for a male Karen?

I was thinking Karl, but Kevin is a little more alliterative.
That's just what I've seen on YT. Heck, up until a few yrs ago I didn't even know what a Karen was. Lol. I don't use social media, YT & forums are the closest I get. IG was the only one I ever used but stopped yrs ago.

I learned that, if you're going to do aluminum anodizing at home, read the directions a third time right before doing it.
And if you're using muriatic acid as the anodizing solution, don't add it directly to aluminum.

YOU HAVE TO DILUTE IT!!

If you don't dilute it you will have a real mess on your hands.
The exothermic reaction was something to behold. I boiled out 3/4 of the acid I was using.

I had acid all over my BBQ and deck. My parts are black and I don't know how much damage is done to the parts overall.

It was quite the sight but I won't make that mistake again.

20230517_213341.jpg

Last edited:
Earlier this month I learned don't do any grinding on a work bench that has old fireworks in a drawer that rats chewed up. Cause BOOM then FIRE!

Well it was actually my buddy who was doing the grinding but me & a shop neighbor were standing right there. He jumped, I ran, & so did my friend... with the grinder in hand. None of us knew what the hell had happened. I thought the grinder (old red HF) shorted & burned the cord or something. Haha, that was funny as hell!

Then I learned, don't go take a wee after cutting jalepenos without washing your hands first. Cause otherwise your wee wee will..... well you know, if not, refer to the result of the story above.

Well I already knew that but sometimes you don't learn the lesson the first time. ;)
yea, don 't take a wee, wee after weeding without fully washing. Poison Ivy on the old pecker is not fun.... nor in the eyes. I went to wash after, and my eyes felt sticky... 2 days later.. it was bad, then worse... now on prednisone.. I hate roids.
poison_ivy.jpg

Back