What do I have here?

I can't help with the make, though it looks like a Brown & Sharp design..

The bits you're looking at are an auxiliary input, adaptable to more or less any mill for doing spiral work, cam cutting and all sorts of fun things. I replace the left hand X-axis hand wheel with a sleeve to take gears to drive my dividing head on my Bridgeport. A really nice tool!

I have a Phase II tail stock identical to that one. It's a spacer with a tail stock and will work on any vertical mill that will hold it,
great for making gears or any type of indexing.

Nice find!

I would expect to find some kind of makers mark or engraving on the plate with the scale:
ScreenShot229b.jpg

-brino

I believe that's a BS-2 design / style. "Full Universal" vs the "Semi Universal" of the BS-0 and BS-1 styles
Yes, exactly. The one that had, had a nameplate on the end opposite the chuck, "(something Iron Works" The change gears were a couple of DP coarser than the B&S gears and I had to modify (Shorten) the gear brackets to fit my B&S machine.

I had a Yuassa universal dividing head looked an awful lot like this one

Full agreement with entirety above. I have Yuasa, Kearney-Trecker and a semi gigantic Walter. I regard them indispensable.
Yours appears to be an 8", good all round size for normal sized equipment. Some machines are PTO drives, others hide the gear train in handwheel housing. Point is to create helix; turning while X axis traverses. Ultimate fun with a universal [swiveling] table, all that and tapered!
Even if you never use that exact process, indexing is a capability light years beyond regular milling of contours

Happily, a virtual cornucopia of tooling has been created, to make what was non-starter or at least difficult before. Usually conceived to answer Toolmaking, quickly filtering into production.

Causing me to reiterate my [should be our] frame of thought. Oooo, feel an essay coming! Remember Flight Of The Phoenix? Crux of story, difference between inanimate static models and airplanes capable of flight, regardless size; dependent on physics. Different but equal takes are within October Skies, World's Fastest Indian, Carbine Williams, Bombshell, Tucker, and Ghostbusters, checking you are paying attention, lol.

In reality, there are few hobby machinists. Like others, who do at home enjoyment-wise, what we're paid for employment-wise; or those with unrelated pastime to work isn't a real division. Anything past minimal competency elevates you into manufacturer, paid or not.
Again, PAID OR NOT. Kind of irritates me, when people declare themselves hobbyist, practically demeaning! We buy machines, tooling, publications, stuff too big to pick up so we get rigging, extend amperage/ voltage, workspace; all in the name of compounding our interest. Not to mention without write-offs.

Otherwise just like the largest corporations; real manufacturers, not those sh**head service providers with acres of cubicles. . .

An indexer, for example, literally a capital investment beyond what guy next door can't do. There are, primarily European towns, entire economies fueled by cottage shops, as contractors, turning out products sold world-wide.
Here, we have folks can't handle a hacksaw, read a tape measure, or specify a nut and bolt, let alone do precision work. If there were a small calamity in your area, who do you think has a better chance putting things aright?
Empire game hobbyists, social influencers (purported expert level of knowledge, gag), or Joe with a lathe and bench grinder?

Yeah. I believe every bit of this, so far 60+ years worth. . .

Back