What is stored Where?

ChazzC

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi, Yuriy,

Rather than PM you, I thought I'd start a thread so all could learn.

I'm changing tablets (Woot has 2021 Fire HD 10+ for $75!), so I'm replacing the Tab A8 on my Mini-Mill. What data is saved were? I'm assuming that I need to re-do the TouchDRO Settings from step 1, but are the calibration settings saved in the Adapter?

Thanks,

Charlie

I've changed tablets before and the settings were not saved, but I just noted the CPI from the old tablet and re-entered it on the new install, so didn't have to redo calibration. I'm not on the latest TouchDRO hardware, so, while I don't see anything in the new features that would lead me to believe that it's stored on the adapter now, it's possible.

That’s what I’m thinking; good thing I figured out how to record the screen so I can document all of the settings.

As noted in "What Did You Buy Today?" the Fire Tablet arrived late yesterday and is now installed (this photo was after I added a non-glare screen protector):

20240223 Fire HD 10 TDRO on Mini-Mill.jpeg

As @mchasal suggested, I just entered the CPI's that I had been using and all is well (did check the calibration and got exactly 3.000" on all three axes using the 1-2-3 blocks).

@ycroosh : when will the next build get pushed to Amazon App Store? The version I just downloaded is still 3.23.04. Thanks!

As noted in "What Did You Buy Today?" the Fire Tablet arrived late yesterday and is now installed (this photo was after I added a non-glare screen protector):

View attachment 479822

As @mchasal suggested, I just entered the CPI's that I had been using and all is well (did check the calibration and got exactly 3.000" on all three axes using the 1-2-3 blocks).

@ycroosh : when will the next build get pushed to Amazon App Store? The version I just downloaded is still 3.23.04. Thanks!
When TouchDRO Plus is released. The stuff I added to give people access to Beta version doesn't work on Fire OS. Once the proper activation path is released, I will rip out the authentication code and will be able to push a new build to the Amazon Store.

Back