What is the biggest ball...

RandyWilson

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
.... tuner you have seen? I may have overdone it.

ball-turner.jpg

I figure that in soft material, wood or plastic, where I can really extend the boring head, this should be good for around 5 inch diameters.

Actually, I have an iron ball from a ball mill that is close to bowling ball size and I have been tempted at times to drill those holes.:devil:

yep, similar to mine... funny, couldn't find the pieces for it yesterday, then couldn't find the form tools..
Found the form tools tonight right where I left them, in my Kennedy box in the correct draw.. I guess I missed it.

still haven't found the parts to my boring bar ball turner. :(

yep, similar to mine... funny, couldn't find the pieces for it yesterday, then couldn't find the form tools..
Found the form tools tonight right where I left them, in my Kennedy box in the correct draw.. I guess I missed it.

still haven't found the parts to my boring bar ball turner. :(
Shop gremlins. They do it al the time. If I pretend that I'm no longer interested, they aren't amused any more and they return the missing item.

I bought one of the India ball turners all over eBay for $50 or so. The way it was designed, it would have maybe been the world’s smallest ball turner. I took it apart, considered redesigning, and put all the parts in the “can’t use but slightly too good to throw away” pile. Save your money, folks.

Back