• June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

What is this? Most likely a mill chuck?

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

mariner3302

Can someone identify this? I got it in a box lot of a machinist at auction locally. I am pretty sure it is an end mill holder but I can't find any manufacturers name. There are no markings. The one end has a spiral that I think tightens it into the chuck. The hole inside seems to have a slight taper but that may not be true. I've spent hours looking through google images and ebay, etc... Time to ask the experts!

Attachments

wcunning

That is most definitely a Moore tool holder for a Moore Jig Borer as @Silverbullet mentioned. Looks to me like an endmill holder, but I wouldn't swear that that's the case. I know a guy who collects Moore equipment, so if you're looking for an expert identification, post some measurements and I'll see what I can find out. Otherwise, figure out what end mill fits in it and post it to eBay labeled as a Moore holder with the size and see what it brings.

Cheers,
Will

f350ca

Active User
H-M Supporter-Donating Member
Yep, apparently for a jig borer. I acquired some tooling for one but unfortunately not the machine.
Beautiful little boring head, made in Beverly Hills
KIMG0125.jpg
KIMG0123.jpg

Guess you'd call it a boring head, the cutter mounts directly in it but its adjustable in 1/10ths
KIMG0119.jpg

And a simple one

KIMG0126.jpg

Greg

[6]
[5] [7]