What kind of mount or clamp to use to attach rotary table to mill table?

mrmax1984

Registered
Registered
As part of my mill and tooling purchase, I acquired this kind of 4" rotary table:
IMG_20220331_095151877.jpegIMG_20220331_095136778.jpeg

How do I attach this to my table? I was looking around for "toe clamps" but I suspect that's not what they're called.

While we're at it, my 4" mill vise also didn't come with mounting hardware. Any recommendations for that?

Go to the TeCo clamp website .

Since you have a mill, you could machine something like this. I made these to hold down my toolmakers vise. Made from some 1"x1" steel stock.
PXL_20210205_213003481.jpg
Use a hex head bolt, or the socket heads fill with swarf. Also put a small aluminum plate under the point where the hold down contacts the table. Else you will get a small contact dent. Ask me how I know...

@WobblyHand I thought about that. It would make for a great first project. Yours came out nice.
Thanks. It was one of my early projects :) I made a hand drawing, then made a prototype out of aluminum, put in some minor adjustments and made four of them. I used cheap A36 steel. I was using this vise yesterday.

You could make them out of aluminum also, maybe a bit wider; they would last a long time and less chance of denting the table

Back