What To Mount Mill On?

Well I picked up the mill today and decided to get the stand for it too. But rather than open the box and put the thing together, only to have to take it apart again to get it into my vehicle I just took it home. The store manager said If I didn't like it I could bring it back. Well I get it home and note there is some faint writing on the side of the box. It says "wrong parts sent" .......... that's not a good sign. I open the box and only 1/2 of the contents are in it. The 2 sides were there and the drip tray but no front panel, no back panel, no door and no bottom shelf. Now I have to wait for the store to get another one shipped in from the lower mainland. Won't be here until mid next week at the earliest. What to do with my new mill that is sitting on my shop floor? I'm going to build a temporary stand out of wood so I can start learning how to use it.

Ouch. Wood is your friend. Looks like the King is similar to my Grizzly in size. Here is a pic of my wood base detached from my mill and cast iron stand during my last move. You'd have to build taller of course.

IMG_2411.JPG

This is what I did,

image.jpeg

Stains were all ready there, plate is1" 28x34 <> @500# I stuck the rebar to it . Useualy covered in chips now

Back