• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Some users may still have issues remaining logged into the forum. Please delete old bookmarks. If you are still having issues, go to the Site Issues forum here and let us know EXACTLY what you clicked on before the login issue arose, so we can try to track it down. We are working on this, and appreciate your patience. Thank you.

[4]

What type of gease and what type of grease gun for my 3 jaw 6" Buck chuck?

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

ome

Active User
Hi guys,
My new buck adjust-tru 6" 3 jaw buck chuck needs to be greased in what looks like a ball spring loaded oil assembly.
What type of grease?
looks like I need a very narrow point to push the ball in so grease will go in. Does not look like any zerk fitting I ever saw.
Need advice on what to get and how to inject into grease fitting.
How often would be average for a hobbyist, to have to grease this chuck?
Thanks,
Jon

grumpygator

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Administrator

Jon,
Grease is not a good idea on a chuck. It will hold swarf and dirt.Since you state that it's new what does the manufacturer say to use. the fitting you describe sounds like an oil fitting.
*************Just Saying*************************G***********

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I agree, don't use grease there. I also use only oil for the scroll but I don't use that ball oiler at all on my Bison. I only use grease inside the the chuck.

ome

Active User
THANKS Guys,
Buck chuck co called me back. It is a small zerk fitting, my grease gun snapped on to it. They told me to use moly grease.
Now, I just need to find some in a small tube for my small grease gun.
Thanks,
Jon

[6]
[5] [7]