What would you do with these?

DIY pedistal grinder. DIY dry cut or abrasive saw. Kiddy Ferris Wheel. Go cart.

They are great for making cable wrap winches. The nice part about pillow blocks is that the bearings will self align
in the housing so they don't bind.

It appears grinder suggestions win out, but I already have too many grinders and I also have a few buffers.
I had one US army surplus wet belt sander also. But that thing is one too many and I have to donate it to a rebuild warehouse store. The store listed it for $300 for many months then it's gone. Hopefully someone bought it.

Oh, wait, I got one more wet grinder that I need to get working and it looks like this:

I just measured and the shaft diameter, which I still have is 1". The bolt holes are 1/2".

1576278617343-230566295.jpg

You guessed it right. It came from an exercise machine. That's a cable wheel and the bottom is the shaft where maybe for either bicept or calf exercise.

Last edited:
It appears grinder suggestions win out, but I already have too many grinders and I also have a few buffers.
I had one US army surplus wet belt sander also. But that thing is one too many and I have to donate it to a rebuodbware hoise store. The store listed it for $300 for many months then it's gone. Hopefully someone bought it.

Oh, wait, I got one more wet grinder that I need to get working and it looks like this:

I just measured and the shaft diameter, which I still have is 1". The bolt holes are 1/2".

View attachment 307789

You guessed it right. It came from an exercise machine. That's a cable wheel and the bottom is the shaft where maybe for either bicept or calf exercise.

I guess you will have to build a Go Cart or mini Ferris Wheel then! LOL!

Get rid of them, a week later you will know what to do with them :)
Very funny, but also very funny because it's so true. I had a large roll of chain link fence. I saved for many months, maybe more than a year. Then I donated it. A week later, I needed to put something on top of large structure for squash plant to climb on that I built for my wife. I just got upset at myself for not keeping it. At the end, I made a net using electrical wires laying around. That took a lot of wires and work.

How bout a rolling chin up bar ? I have a pair hanging in the basement for extra coats and stuff . Little overkill but hey , whatever works .

I sure know that I'm one to justify all the time and expense of a project as being rational based on the fact that one of the needed pieces I already own.

When I was working in packing houses everything used pillow block bearings. The last set I had that had been in the "egineering to stock" pile I used in the double belt reduction setup to turn my verticle wood bandsaw into a metal cutting bandsaw. Look close they are sitting side by side on the big angle iron.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
Back