What's a good machining app for a newbie machinist on my 1st smartphone?

Get the iEngineer app, a picture says a thousand words :))

View attachment 90250

I downloaded the iEngineer app, it's GREAT! Like someone else said, it has already replaced my drillbit chart. And the US screws tab is extremely useful too. I looked at the HP41 calculator emulator, but the app is almost $25...I'll likely hold off on that one.

So...sounds like the hot tip is that Android has more good apps available. Ah well, this is my 1st smartphone and I'm stuck with it for 2 years - so far I'm happy with it though.
...Doug in Arizona

Anything for windows phones? I am looking for a feeds and speeds calculator for both lathes, and mills and also something for drilling and tapping would also be nice. The Windows line-up is slim pickings at the moment but any help is appreciated.

Paul.

Yeah, what Paul said. Anyone? I would consider the answers the op question for the three major phone systems to be a great resource. Like a sticky or something of that nature.:))

Anything for windows phones? I am looking for a feeds and speeds calculator for both lathes, and mills and also something for drilling and tapping would also be nice. The Windows line-up is slim pickings at the moment but any help is appreciated.

Paul.

+1

Keeping the thread alive

I know this isn't an app per say, but you could use try using this with Excel.

Windows Phone doesn't have a lot of app support, but it's by far the fastest mobile OS I've used when compared to iOS and Android (current phone).

Back