Whats next in my 21st century breakdowns.??

GK1918

Active User
Registered
So its cold for the old bones. OK not too much going on as far as work. The History channel is all re runs, so I like utube from watching
tubal cain to model t's to Jerry Lee Lewis. Now recently tubal sounds like he drank to much Jack, the audio sounds like a busted record,
the vidios look like a strobe lite effect. voices & vidios are way out of sync. But those commercials bomb in nice and clear. Where it says
update the (?? what ever its called vidio i guess) that dont work. Keith Fenner spends a lot of time putting vidios together, all his vidios
are like da ta da skipping beats. I just like seeing what other machinists are up to, ya know, its something to watch. Hate to think that this
things taking another dump. I clear cookies unwanted junk =this is XP I think last serviced last August for 2 hundred bucks..

Is it me or is Utube .?, Next; all else works fine,,,, Its just Utube? and It keeps getting stuck (freezes) my email everything else works
perfectly, its just Utube. Oh just thought of it, "driver update" did it -- with no avail...

Again those commercials work, but what I want to watch does not??????? oh boy

I was very intersted in Mr Petes finale on the VFD control, I could not realy understand his vocals which sounds like a skipping record.
like thi s s is a a a a vvv ? d maddddddde b b b y te tec teco control bo bo box sa

Last edited:
That's so annoying isn't it!

Have you tried another browser? Google Chrome, Firefox etc..

I had this problem once and I fixed it, found the answer on line somewhere or other, try Googling 'youtube stuttering audio' and see what comes up.

Bernard

Bandwidth is probably getting choked from everyone staying inside and surfing. Those ads you see so clearly are probably hosted on and streamed from a different server, and take a different path to you. It also could be a QoS issue where packet priority is given to the ads. not saying it is, but it's possible. If this is also happening during off-peak hours, it's probably a local problem. Then your codec could be the root problem, or your browser....a number of things. You could try rolling back a couple of days on your 'puter and see if that cures it. it it was a bad update, you will find out that way.

That's so annoying isn't it!

Have you tried another browser? Google Chrome, Firefox etc..

I had this problem once and I fixed it, found the answer on line somewhere or other, try Googling 'youtube stuttering audio' and see what comes up.

Bernard
thanks I have google chrome worked fine until last week oh well I rather stick a dime in a pay phone. we got by, we
live'd with kerosine, we lived without tv, I just thought this rules Ya but not for long. Conclusion dont put yer eggs in computors ,they have
an inborn instinct to go brain dead before its paid for. welcolm to the new world of JUNK ......... new anything , its junk by the time its paid
for. it was good while it lasted....

Oh, I'm with you on this -and don't even get me started on this topic...

Anyhow, a lot of what Tony suggested is dead-on right. All the little advertisements and the processing power and network traffic required to place cookies on your computer is (in some cases) becoming immense compared to the processing power need to view the intended material. The various video plug-ins (Adobe Flash etc) won't work properly if they cannot communicate properly with all the Advertising and Data Collection servers. So, if one of those servers is screwed-up, your video will take a hit.

You could try using your browser options to delete and clean-up all the old temporary files and cookies. Cookies by the way, those are small files that your browser allows advertisers to plant on your computer and they contain time-stamps of what sites you visited and when. There are many, many huge industries based processing and collecting the data. And yes, the browsers and video plug ins give those matters priority over your desire to see some particular useful information.

Don't blame the computer itself. The hardware is pretty advanced and generally very good. For the most part, it's the massive amount of junk software that gets loaded and enabled when you click that "I Agree" button that's killing your computer.

Ray

thanks I have google chrome worked fine until last week oh well I rather stick a dime in a pay phone. we got by, we
live'd with kerosine, we lived without tv, I just thought this rules Ya but not for long. Conclusion dont put yer eggs in computors ,they have
an inborn instinct to go brain dead before its paid for. welcolm to the new world of JUNK ......... new anything , its junk by the time its paid
for. it was good while it lasted....

Well, this isn't really a pc help forum, but we do what we can. I don't know how many people here know how to manipulate the Hosts file, but you can save a lot of aggravation and wasted bandwidth if you do. I won't cover it in much detail, but in simple terms, you can redirect all requests that your browser makes to get the ads, etc, that you don't really want or need back to your home IP address. The browsers are satisfied, and you don't download the garbage. Another good use for using this special file is to save a bit of time spent resolving a URL. If you know a site has a static IP, put it in the Hosts file, and skip a trip to the DNS system altogether. A few milliseconds here and there add up. You just have to remember that you did it if the site IP changes. You can't get to the site then, as the Hosts file directs the traffic straight to the site and until you give it the corrected IP address, it will not seek out a new one.

Anyway, too much for a machinist forum........Google is your friend.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thanks Tony I did that, I googled " Utube out of sync problem" amazing I got about 50 pages of this problem. And the top answer by computor guys is that Utube is again fiddling around with a HTML 5 thing which effects adobe flash player. Its so bad I have to turn the speakers off, and the vidio is
like a strobe effect. I just though I'd ask here, lot of brillant people here....anyways this is way over my head, guess its the PC repair man again. thanks

sam

Last edited:
Back