Resolved What's up with the chat?

macardoso

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I logged in today to find a new Chat option at the top. Sounds interesting, but also currently seems buggy.

First off, I have no chats, but there is a red alert showing "0". This alert is usually used to grab your attention and having it there with zero notifications is distracting.

1578671403909.png

Secondly, there is a bar across the bottom of my screen that is taking up 6% of the readable area of the forum and I can't interact with it or hide it. This is also distracting and a bit annoying that is is covering up some of the posts which would be at the bottom of the screen.

1578671588547.png

Finally whenever I try to do anything in the new chat area, or click on the bar at the bottom of the screen, I get the message:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

That's ok, but can I just hide it then? :D

Thanks! Always appreciate new features.

Mike

As far as the bar at the bottom is concerned I clicked on the switch icon and the bar went away.
48D73128-CF3C-49CF-BE21-347B3637118B.jpeg

When I hit that switch, I get this, :(

1578675816558.png

Hi Everyone, please look for an announcement this weekend that will explain this feature change, among many others, related to Donor Membership Levels and privileges on the site.

In the meantime, some of you have discovered you have chat as a feature and some of you do not - this condition will be temporarily turned on and off over the next couple of days as I debug the permission levels and before I launch it live this weekend. My recommendation is to wait until you read the announcement before you start exploring chat.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Bryan (vtcnc)

If it's any help - I've had it up for a couple of days now and it seems to functioning fine.
It even came back up properly after the power outage here.

Back