Where can I get a QCTP for my logan 9"?

I see a lot of QCTP for sale on ebay but they seem like they're all for the chinese lathes. Where can I get one that guaranteed to work with my Logan?

you must have got that one you were looking at for $1,000.00 (The Logan)
What QCTP did you go with?
I am thinking about one for my 10"

Thanks,
Tony

you must have got that one you were looking at for $1,000.00 (The Logan)
What QCTP did you go with?
I am thinking about one for my 10"

Thanks,
Tony

Yes, I did get that Logan. I am just now getting around to using it. Right after I handed over the $1000 I fell on hard times and could not afford any tooling (it came with almost zero tooling). I almost had to turn around and sell the lathe 2 weeks after I bought it. But we pulled through, and I finally got some business. Put food on the table and a tool post on my lathe.

I went with the more expensive AXA tool post from CDCO. Keep in mind you have to machine the t-nut on a mill. Or, as was mentioned in post#3 here, you could make a round one on the lathe but it might be less sturdy. I machined mine on the drill press, not a good idea; see how jacked up it looks? The drill press IS worse for wear...

IMAG1306.jpg

IMAG1306.jpg

Yes, I did get that Logan. I am just now getting around to using it. Right after I handed over the $1000 I fell on hard times and could not afford any tooling (it came with almost zero tooling). I almost had to turn around and sell the lathe 2 weeks after I bought it. But we pulled through, and I finally got some business. Put food on the table and a tool post on my lathe.

I went with the more expensive AXA tool post from CDCO. Keep in mind you have to machine the t-nut on a mill. Or, as was mentioned in post#3 here, you could make a round one on the lathe but it might be less sturdy. I machined mine on the drill press, not a good idea; see how jacked up it looks? The drill press IS worse for wear...
is that the # 68566 it is currently $98.00?
I don't have a mill, I would have to come up with something else for it. Your T nut does not look bad.

BXA tool posts will work on a 9" Logan as that is what I'm using on mine, how ever it is at the edge of it's adjustability.

Back