Where can I get these fuse links?

OK - based on your photo, forget everything I said about H and RK5 fuses.
The photo sure looks like a traditional Edison based fuse.
I have never seen one that comes apart (intentionally).
Perhaps the top came off when you tried to remove the whole fuse body. If the fuse has been in the socket many years, they can be hard to remove.
Are you sure you cannot unscrew the whole fuse body and replace it with a new one?
Does this fuse box power a motor, and what voltage does it run?

I think it's time to upgrade your electrical system.

That type of fuse has been banned and obsoleted for many years now.

OK - based on your photo, forget everything I said about H and RK5 fuses.
The photo sure looks like a traditional Edison based fuse.
I have never seen one that comes apart (intentionally).
Perhaps the top came off when you tried to remove the whole fuse body. If the fuse has been in the socket many years, they can be hard to remove.
Are you sure you cannot unscrew the whole fuse body and replace it with a new one?
Does this fuse box power a motor, and what voltage does it run?

That porcelain doesn't screw out, just the caps come off. Im running it on 220V now, the guy who had it before me ran it on 440V. The power goes through this disconnect and to the drum switch then to the motor.

This is the only protection the motor has. If I replace this Id like to replace it with something that will prevent any damage to the motor.

If these are the same fuses the were in it running on 440v you'll need to look at your motor to see what the amps will be running 220v. The motor amperage should be about double on 220v vs 440v.

If these are the same fuses the were in it running on 440v you'll need to look at your motor to see what the amps will be running 220v. The motor amperage should be about double on 220v vs 440v.

motor says 5 amps on 220

For 5 amp, 220V, 1ph, you can run a 5 amp "Tron" style fuse.
It will protect the motor at 5 amps, but will allow an over-current to get the motor started.

But, I agree with the comments below. It is time for you to upgrade to a modern motor protection system.

Just yesterday, I bought a new 240V, 1 phase, 2 pole, 3 wire, fused, safety disconnect at a local home improvement store (Menards).
Its a GE 30 amp rated, with RK style fuse mounts.
The GE model number is TG3221CP. It will accept fuses down to 1 amp.
The price was $19.95.
Two 25 amp fuses (one each line) cost me a total of $13.00
The safety disconnect switch also gives you a way to isolate power from the machine when you need to work on the machine.

One last thing. This is a single phase motor, right?
A 3 phase disconnect is probably not to be found at a home improvement store. You would have to go to an electrical supply house.

Semper Paratus - upgrade to a new fuse system so you will be ready for the "surf & storm & howling gale" and all of that.

Regards,
Terry S.

Last edited:
For 5 amp, 220V, 1ph, you can run a 5 amp "Tron" style fuse.
It will protect the motor at 5 amps, but will allow an over-current to get the motor started.

But, I agree with the comments below. It is time for you to upgrade to a modern motor protection system.

Just yesterday, I bought a new 240V, 1 phase, 2 pole, 3 wire, fused, safety disconnect at a local home improvement store (Menards).
Its a GE 30 amp rated, with RK style fuse mounts.
The GE model number is TG3221CP. It will accept fuses down to 1 amp.
The price was $19.95.
Two 25 amp fuses (one each line) cost me a total of $13.00
The safety disconnect switch also gives you a way to isolate power from the machine when you need to work on the machine.

One last thing. This is a single phase motor, right?
A 3 phase disconnect is probably not to be found at a home improvement store. You would have to go to an electrical supply house.

Semper Paratus - upgrade to a new fuse system so you will be ready for the "surf & storm & howling gale" and all of that.

Regards,
Terry S.

Its a 3 phase motor but I only have single phase so I have to run a converter. This disconnect is on the 3phase side of it.

Those are fuses and it is going to be hard to find a replacement. NFPA outlawed the production of renewable fuse link fuses like two decades ago. So your only chance is to find it at an antique store. My guess is that the thing this fuse link fits into origionaly was supposed to be removable. It is just so corroded that now it will not come out. I would work on trying to screw it out. With the power turned off for sure.

Back