Where to Get Big Hardware?

darkzero

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anyone have any leads/ideas on where I can get a big bolt (SHCS preferably), a big nut, & a big washer? Application, specs, etc you ask? Doesn't matter I just want them just to have, like for a conversation piece or when someone comes over & sees them, big enough to say "damn!, WTH!"

I don't want rusty junk but used is fine. Not looking for an actual supplier where these items will be expensive. There's a local fastener supplier that has a SHCS on the counter that fit the bill but he won't sell it to me! I've looked at some mom & pop surplus stores around here but never came across anything. No rush or anything but I have always been keeping an eye out.

I was thinking the next time I go to Frisco I could try taking one of the Golden Gate Bridge but I don't think that may be such a great idea for my well being...& others. I wonder how far the closest aerospace graveyard is....

Shipyard will be your friend DZ............

bolt1.jpg

Cheers Phil

bolt1.jpg

I'll look in the bins next time I go to my favorite surplus metal vendor, never know what you will find there.

Shipyard will be your friend DZ............

Cheers Phil

Now THAT'S a conversation starter! It probably weighs more than both of those tanks, even without the nut. DZ, I see a highly reinforced steel frame desk in your future! :roflmao:

GG

Holy crap! Now we talking Phil, I didn't have something that huge in mind but yeah something like that would be nice! Thanks, I checkout the shipyards next time I get out there for fishing.

And thanks Jim, I really appreciate that!

Look that one up in the MH. I wonder if it is even listed...
Perhaps under the BA section. :biggrin:

Phil, where did you get those tiny torch tanks?
If there is a local pipeline compresor station around, they may jave some stud bolts to give, as most cant be reused.

Jake Parker

Drop a line to Keith Fenner.

David

i have a few 1-1/2" black ones, maybe 1-1/4" plated. . those are too small ? might find some used / worn 2-1/2 -3" ? still not big enuf ?

Back