Where To Shop In Port Huron

Garththomas

Registered
Registered
I was hoping to pick up a budget (cheap) live center at Harbor Freight but they don't have any at the store in Port Huron. Are there any other tool stores close to there that might sell live centers. Edit: Forget cheap, I was looking on line at low cost live centers and from the pics the arbors were so rough they probably wouldn't stick in the tail stock. I looked at Busy Bees site and I think I'll start there.

Last edited:
It would be nice to find a decent supplier in the area.
There is supposed to be a supplier out of the Kitchener area but i have not been able to pin down their location. Also there is Surplus Depot 146 Morrell St. Brantford 519-756-7070
Still a distance from you but i have not found a lot of choice available anywhere nearby.
There is a few places in Toronto that advertise on Kijiji.
Good luck!

you might check if HF still sells mail order .... that's how they started out ... maybe can get a free shipment to your store....I think they will order direct from the store also.?

There is a Busy Bee where I live but I'm going to Port Huron MI. to pick up the lathe and Port Huron is closer for me or the same as Brantford or the others mentioned. I know the closer you get too Detroit there are some stores but that's getting too far out of the way. Thanks for your inputs. I had contacted HF and from what I gathered they didn't ship to store or I might be picking up a HF8x12 instead of a Grizzly

Aliva thanks for that link they look alright but I couldn't find an mt2 live center there believe it or not.

You could build one using an old mt2 drill bit shank as a starting point if you want to go really cheap. You can cut it off and drive it in the headstock and turn it for bearings. Then make whatever style point you want.

• Flustered guess I don't want to go too cheap I probably shouldn't have used the word so soon. I wouldn't want to add to the error factor buy using a wobbly discount center but on the other hand my funds are dwindling fast, I just had to replace the battery in my car all of a sudden like for $180.00 so that could have got some reasonable lathe goodies. I just thought there would be more tool suppliers close to Port Huron from the U.S. side a fellow could visit.

Back