Resolved Where'd all the posts come from that I didn't get alerts for.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
There were many new posts that I saw today, that are marked from yesterday.
But I had searched for new posts, and some of the posts were from subscribed threads, and no alerts for them.

today I had many posts that escaped my purview. I know that I have had problems the last few days. A few nights ago, I could not get to the site. Then sporadic outages where the site was not available...

so did something happen that all these posts just showed up and no alerts, not in whats new or new posts?

But I had searched for new posts, and some of the posts were from subscribed threads, and no alerts for them.
The normal way this happens is that a member marks items as read or unread. This can be done on your alert drop downs (click on the little bell up by your avatar and hover over the little dot the lower right corner of each alert.

Check your preferences in your profile. It is possible you accidentally toggled an alert or email preference to off.

today I had many posts that escaped my purview. I know that I have had problems the last few days. A few nights ago, I could not get to the site. Then sporadic outages where the site was not available...
Server problems can on occasion cause problems with what you are seeing. Such as a restored backup due to lost data. To my best knowledge, no site data integrity issues or backup restores have been reported by the host.
so did something happen that all these posts just showed up and no alerts, not in whats new or new posts?
It would be unusual that this happened on its own. The only other way I can see this happening for a long standing member with all of their preferences in order is if you were forced to logout, have had to clear your cache and cookies, and then had to sign back in and hadn't accepted "push" notifications. But even then you should be getting email alerts to subscribed threads. What you describe is strange.

I would like to hear from other members if they are experiencing similar problems.

Upvote 0
The normal way this happens is that a member marks items as read or unread. This can be done on your alert drop downs (click on the little bell up by your avatar and hover over the little dot the lower right corner of each alert.

woodchucker said:

LET ME CLARIFY:
the new posts were in

FORUMS

and
FORUMS
WHATS NEW

they were not there the previous night.

So what happened. Why did these show up the next day... AND some of them should have been in my alerts and weren't either.
the fact that they showed up the next day indicates that something went wrong the night before, since they weren't there the night before but were the next day. And there were many posts...

Upvote 0
Curious if this is still an unresolved issue for you.

Upvote 0
Back