Who makes a good quality air hose?

bpimm

Active User
Registered
I need to replace a couple air hoses in the shop, Just wondering what brands you guys have had good luck with and which are junk. I have had pretty poor luck with the local big box store ones I have.

Thanks

I can't recommend a hose brand, but you might run into Portland and talk to the folks at Portland Compressor
on SE 12th. They've helped me out a couple of times.

I can't recommend a hose brand, but you might run into Portland and talk to the folks at Portland Compressor
on SE 12th. They've helped me out a couple of times.

I'll give them a call, I try to not cross the river to hell unless I have to, doesn't seem to be a window of "not terrible traffic" anymore. I have a tendency to buy online over driving into Portland but if they stock something I guess I could make the trek. lol

and wow someone local, where abouts are you in vancouver?

Last edited:
Wow not many negative reviews. One of the ones I need to replace came on the HF 50' reel, it lasted a couple years before I started cutting the ends off because they started leaking it's probably a 45' now...

That is exactly what I did. I bought the HF hose reels about 12 years ago, just replaced the hoses last summer. The Diablo hoses are working fine so far.

Portland Compressor sells and services machines and sells parts, mainly to commercial customers, but they'll
talk to anyone: they have a retail counter.

BUT, I just looked them up and it looks like they've moved since the last time I drove by there. They're on SW Bonita
Rd. Anyway, my experience with them has been good in the past.

I live between I5 and 205 not far from PDX.

I got an orange Campbell-Housefield from HF years ago. Nice hose. I think it was around 12$ then. (90s)

I like the HF rubber hoses, but they don't last forever. Eventually they soak up oil, particularly on the ends where I touch them with my mechanic's hands, and they need to be replaced. The nicest hoses I've used seemed impervious and said Goodyear along the length. PVC hoses don't soak oil, but they get stiff in the cold and get pinch flats more easily than rubber hoses. Even expensive hoses can fail and balloon at the swaged fittings. I think they're just a thing that wears out and gets thrown away every few years. Like I used to tell folks working on cars, "hose is cheap, replace 'em" If they were young enough, they'd get the joke.

Back