Who makes a good quality air hose?

I bought a HF hose reel. Took the red hose off that came with it immediately & installed the 50ft black rubber Goodyear hose that HF used to sell for $20. That was 10+ yrs ago & I had the Goodyear for hose for about 5 yrs before getting the reel. Hose is still going strong with no signs of cracking. This is just for my home shop though. The hose that came with the HF reel I gave to my buddy & it's didn't last him more than a yr before it started cracking & leaking.

When my Goodyear hose needs replacing I'd probably get another Goodyear but I'd be open to get whatever may be good at the time. I'd rather spend more money on a good hose that lasts rather than a cheap one that doesn't.

I've also had good luck with air hoses from Mcmaster. They were just 5ft lengths though for use on my mill & lathe. 2 were rubber that didn't have a brand name on them. Another one I got was PVC, Continental Pliovic. All made in the USA. They have been holding up fine. Mcmaster doesn't usually carry junk but longer lengths will probably be pricey.

I have 2 Goodyear hose reels that are a few years old. My local NAPA store has a kiosk just for air hoses, and fittings if you have one there.

We got Flexzilla Hose from NAPA a few years ago for our service truck , if you want something very flexible , easy to roll up you might want to try them , also have repairable kits too https://www.flexzilla.com/air/

Thanks for all the replies, I decided to try a flexzilla. they're available on Amazon prime so it will be here tomorrow.

My harbor freight 50 ft hose reels both cracked the hose and leaked by the working end in just days after buying them.
I fixed them with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reusable-H...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They have both been working for years now. The most used one had to get trimmed and the fitting reinstalled one time.
And the lesser used one had to have the o-rings replaced in the swivel recently.

A bit expensive for just a fitting but works very well. I think the original ends were over crimped damaging the inner lining and maybe the latest stock not so bad now.

My harbor freight 50 ft hose reels both cracked the hose and leaked by the working end in just days after buying them.
I fixed them with this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reusable-Hose-Barb-1-4-NPT-X-3-8-ID-11-16-OD-hose-Air-Hose-FIttings/262627726246?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

They have both been working for years now. The most used one had to get trimmed and the fitting reinstalled one time.
And the lesser used one had to have the o-rings replaced in the swivel recently.

A bit expensive for just a fitting but works very well. I think the original ends were over crimped damaging the inner lining and maybe the latest stock not so bad now.

I like the looks of those fittings, I think I'll use those in the future, right now the whole hose is cracking so I think it's useful life is over. Most of my hoses are just like it, once I find a hose I like I'll start replacing the others as well.

I need to replace a couple air hoses in the shop, Just wondering what brands you guys have had good luck with and which are junk. I have had pretty poor luck with the local big box store ones I have.

Thanks
I’m a Parker dealer and we’ve had good luck with their hoses. Not the cheapest, but some of the best out there.

I’m a Parker dealer and we’ve had good luck with their hoses. Not the cheapest, but some of the best out there.
the best hoses i've had came from a hose/fitting shop that i specified i wanted good hose. they have outlasted any other pre-made hose 10 fold or so - i run lots of air pressure (175#)
don't remember the specific name brand but some came from parker and some from amazon hose (not amazon.com)

Back