Why does this happen? Amazon unsolicited junk.

WobblyHand

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Now for the fifth time, I have received some item from Amazon that I haven't ordered. Yesterday, it was an iPhone 13 Max Pro screen protector. It would be nice if I had this phone, but I don't. I've received stupid items, like a lint remover, a glue on phone ring and and expanding hose. What do these predominantly Chinese vendors expect is going to happen? I have never been contacted by them to write a favorable review, and if I was, I would reject the contact. Amazon doesn't seem to care at all. When I received the ridiculous expanding garden hose, I called Amazon. They were only weakly interested. I'm left with disposing the unwanted items and filling up our municipal landfill. Makes no sense.

How is this a smart business practice? It escapes me.

what's happening is someone is ordering it for you so that they can review it and give it a positive review.

Amazon talks big , but really doesn't care a hoot about cleaning up their act. They make money on every transaction.
What really irks me is how they watch other businesses sales, and determine if they should steal that product (meaning they should start selling it). So they are using their inside info to put another vendor out of business. They talk about how they don't do it, but you can actually watch it happen over time.

You don't have to write a review. They do it for you. They use the delivery as proof of a verified customer and write a review to bolster their ratings.
I will look out for "my review" and contest it. I found the listing, will check for reviews. So far there are 0 reviews.

Last edited:
When this happened to me, someone had hacked my credit card. They had created an Amazon prime account with monthly charges for the Prime account, then ordered one item a month, probably hoping that the charges would be so small that I wouldn't notice. The monthly charges for the prime account appeared under a strange name. So the vendor gets both positive reviews and money. I figured out by the second item and reversed the charges. So check your credit card bill carefully.

So far 0 reviews
When this happened to me, someone had hacked my credit card. They had created an Amazon prime account with monthly charges for the Prime account, then ordered one item a month, probably hoping that the charges would be so small that I wouldn't notice. The monthly charges for the prime account appeared under a strange name. So the vendor gets both positive reviews and money. I figured out by the second item and reversed the charges. So check your credit card bill carefully.
Have been watching my CC, so far, nothing. I do have an Amazon account. These items do not show up at all in my account.

I've had this happen to me. It's called "brushing". Tell Amazon support, they'll likely tell you it's fine to keep the goods (nice knowing you're on the right side of the law) and make sure it doesn't happen again. In my case, it's since stopped, but I had to make sure the support bot (I don't believe Amazon employ real humans on the live chat) understood that it was an unsolicited package related to a brushing scam, not just something I didn't want. Took two attempts.
As mentioned above, it's to get a verified delivery to review against.

Have already reported a brushing on the other products I received. Amazon rep didn't even know or acknowledge the term. Yeah, I've kept some of the stuff, although I don't know why, since it isn't anything I want. Pitched the phone ring. Like who would glue a honking ring onto a phone?

Half thinking of writing a review on the product stating that I did not order this product, and any other review under my name for the product is counterfeit. Probably the review won't even be approved...

Half thinking of writing a review on the product stating that I did not order this product, and any other review under my name for the product is counterfeit. Probably the review won't even be approved...
Do it!

Just did. I stated the product was unsolicited and that I strongly disapprove of the brushing techniques used by the vendor. Said I cannot and would not write a product review. Also stated that any other reviews on this product in my name were counterfeit. Also stated that Amazon should remove the vendor for abusing Amazon rules.

The likelihood of the review being posted is low, but I did submit it. My name (reputation) means something. If I say it's good I mean it, likewise if I say something is a turd. These guys are stealing people's reputation for their commercial (and short term) gain. Might be pissing in the wind, but there you have it.

Back