Why does this happen? Amazon unsolicited junk.

For the record, since the review may never be posted on Amazon.

Product: HoiLong Screen Protector

Stars: 1
Title: Brushing scammer

Review:
I received this unsolicited product yesterday. I did not order it. I do not approve of the brushing techniques used by this vendor to promote this product. Any other review of the product using my name is counterfeit.

I do not own an iPhone 13 Pro. I cannot and will not review this product for form fit or function. This vendor should be banned for abusing the Amazon system.

Hope I was to the point. :)

In the case of the portable lint remover, they used an anonymous user "Amazon Customer" who was a verified purchase, for their review. That "verified purchase" was me. Rather, I was a verified deliveree. Of course, it was a few word 5 star review. True brushing. I just posted up a similar scorching review on that product. Oh well, enough of this. Kind of like battling windmills.

Did that the last time. Funny there's no direct link from the customer help area to customer service. Would have made it easier. Amazon was pretty blase about me reporting it last time. Frankly, it was a bit of work. Reps pretended to not know what brushing was. Took a while for them to understand that I was receiving things I did not order. And yes, I still have to deal with disposal. Not a satisfying experience.

Didn't keep the shipping label of the lint remover, only thing I have is the label on the side of the package. I can try reporting the phone screen protector. Jeepers, if only they would send me cool stuff! I'd take tooling, end mills, mensuration equipment and stuff like that and wouldn't complain one bit :)

This is a variation on a theme.

YouTube creators, who've sold their souls for hits, steal original content from others, creating "compilation" videos, racking up hits for themselves using other people's efforts. Some have a pathetic disclaimer that "if you don't want me to use your content, just let me know and I'll remove it." Think about that: how is the original creator ever going to know that his content was duplicated? To me, these people are scum, benefiting from others efforts, and add nothing to the world.

This is a variation on a theme.

YouTube creators, who've sold their souls for hits, steal original content from others, creating "compilation" videos, racking up hits for themselves using other people's efforts. Some have a pathetic disclaimer that "if you don't want me to use your content, just let me know and I'll remove it." Think about that: how is the original creator ever going to know that his content was duplicated? To me, these people are scum, benefiting from others efforts, and add nothing to the world.
Have to agree, they are scum. In this world, there are the creators and givers, and the consumers and takers. The takers are the lowest of the low, always taking and not doing anything to make this world a better place. We are all dragged down by these takers. It would be good if we (the non-takers) pushed back. If you see ripped off content, alert the original creator. If you were the creator, wouldn't you appreciate the tip? Don't let the scum win.

For the record, since the review may never be posted on Amazon.

Not likely but even if it did, you won't be listed as a verified purchaser because "you" never bought this. The scammers used your shipping address but they bought it under a different account name.

I do not own an iPhone 13 Pro

Nobody does....they haven't even shipped yet. ;-)

Idk. I think people making compilations are adding value. I don't want to search for and click on an idiot hurting himself attempting something any normal person would know he's incapable of. I much prefer clicking on one video to watch a hundred idiots in a hundred different scenarios in rapid fire succession...preferably to circus music. But I'd get really bent out of shape if I saw a MrPete, TOT, or Blondihacks compilation under a strange account. I would report it actually. So I guess even compilation videos have room for nuance.

Back