Why is it always a tin?

Because nine and eleven were taken :laughing: . "Ate" was, too....

I am a sucker for handy containers. I've got a gaggle of handy tins, jars and tubs. Some even get used. ;)

@FOMOGO Talking of jars, I tend to save the glass jars that Douwe Egberts instant (BLEUGH) Coffee comes in. Great for pouring thinners in, or decanting other concoctions, potions, paints or solutions so that a sealed lid can be put on overnight.

My basement has an area that was obviously a prior owners working space. There are a bunch of lids screwed into the ceiling / floor boards which must have been small bits and bobs storage. A later prior owner must have ditched the jars but the lids remain.

I can't be the only one...

My grandfathers shed had a few of them, the garage at my parents had a couple, now I seem to have a few. Latest one is a temporary solution whilst I sort a replacement tool chest for the lathe tools.

My old tool chest was too small, so sold that and ordered a replacement. Had to store the overspill from a cupboard in a biscuit tin!

Have to admit though, I did enjoy the contents, so much so, I had to order two more tins.... One each for missus and myself. Yes, we share, we just don't share biscuits...LOL

View attachment 476448View attachment 476449
In Texas we call those cans....

I am a sucker for handy containers. I've got a gaggle of handy tins, jars and tubs. Some even get used. ;)

My basement has an area that was obviously a prior owners working space. There are a bunch of lids screwed into the ceiling / floor boards which must have been small bits and bobs storage. A later prior owner must have ditched the jars but the lids remain.
I have two boxes (24 jars) of empty peaches jars that a friend gave me to do just that... nail the lids and screw in the jars for storage. But our plan is to use that in the garden shed to store seeds.

I hate those specific tins with passion. I can’t stand them…. They go so fast. We stopped buying them.

It was not enough that I dream about them! Here you go posting photos of them in the Hobby-Machinist forum!!

Good grief! I so want a few of its content right now, to go with my cortado…

View attachment 476499

Love DBC's myself and a full 1,816g tin usually lasts me a week. If I am busying myself in hobby work, they last less than a day due to constant "munching".

Back