Why there is no love for stick welders?

If you can learn to drive a stick, you can drive a MIG(learn the sizzle), TIG may take some practice....With the right stick you can do more thickness in one pass than with gas, you make more root passes with the gas. I'm not a professional though....

Last edited:
I love my little inverter Kutch stick / tig welder. Haven’t used the tig aspect of it but I use this little 200 amp stick welder more than my Tweco Fabricator and my Miller 211.
I just love that welder. It’s light a quick and easy. In fact, I just used it yesterday because I wanted the added penetration plus I was using stainless steel sticks since I was finishing up a big strap door hinge which I was welding a stainless block to regulate steel barrel for the hinge pin. But like I say....it’s really my go to welder 75% of the time. Quick easy light and very affective. I thick stick is way too underrated and under appreciated by hobbyists.
And.....Northern Tools Klutch welders are really nice in my opinion.

I love my little inverter Kutch stick / tig welder. Haven’t used the tig aspect of it but I use this little 200 amp stick welder more than my Tweco Fabricator and my Miller 211.
I just love that welder. It’s light a quick and easy. In fact, I just used it yesterday because I wanted the added penetration plus I was using stainless steel sticks since I was finishing up a big strap door hinge which I was welding a stainless block to regulate steel barrel for the hinge pin. But like I say....it’s really my go to welder 75% of the time. Quick easy light and very affective. I thick stick is way too underrated and under appreciated by hobbyists.
And.....Northern Tools Klutch welders are really nice in my opinion.

I agree, those Klutch welders do get great reviews on the welding forums. Also their plasma cutters too. I dunno who makes them for Klutch/Northern Tool, but it seems they did pick a great builder/supplier!

In case you guys haven't tried these electrodes, I really like them: Messer 80T-AC plus. They are listed as an all-purpose rod with easy striking/re-striking so no problems on stick welders AC or DC that may have low OCV. They run really nice and smooth, with very easy slag removal. I'd say they run kinda like in between a E6013 and an E7018.

uc

Finally a review video series on this cool little stick welder! :lol:

Next videos I'll do some arc shots with various electrodes. Gotta get back into practice!

uc

uc

Stick is the way to go for outdoor and heavy fabrication, welding.

Part IV

Get them while they are still on sale with free electrodes. It's a killer deal.

Back