Window shopping, and dreaming

Mikey, the sock drawer needs reinforcements, on a good note I got 600 bucks worth of bats, and gaffs ordered, and sold.:cpa:

Congrats, Mike. I'm happy that folks recognize a good product for a really good price when they see it. If those bats take off, they might just pay for that new PM1340GT!

Reactions: tjb
HAHA, I'm hoping, the retailer is enthusiastic, the fisherman is seeing the hook. I still have about 5 more bats to make, pretty much sold. Then we'll see how it goes. The bats are not cheap, and the competition is T ball bats that are throw away every so many months.

Last edited:
I have a little breathing room, the 1 phase 1340GTs are gone until the next order. there are a couple of 3 phase unreserved. I can get into one at 6075.00 plus shipping, 20% down for the no chuck, and no face plate. I have both, I need to decide on the QCTP, micrometer carriage stop, and I have a 5 hp RPC. Then they post a Victor 1640, driving me crazy.....New vs used unknown???

Last edited:
If you enjoy Hayden, the Victor 16440 is a great reference recording.

I have both ER32 and ER40 collet chucks for my 935 mill and 1340 lathe. Also have square and hex ER40 collet blocks for the mill. I tend to use the 32 for tool holding (spindle on mill, tailstock on the lathe) whereas I prefer the ER40 for material handling on both. All of my collets are metric in spite of the fact that (almost all of) my tools, and a great deal of the raw stock I work with are imperial in size. Don’t skimp on the ER nut. The most reliably accurate ER nuts I have are Rego-Fix and worth the added cost. Put a $50 precision collet in a $25 nut and you might as well have used a $7 collet.

Back