Wiring Vevor VFD Control Panel in Remote Location

I believe you will need to enable the remote functions in the menu- somewhat overstated to call it "programming"
but there are a couple things to change- you may also have to choose momentary or continuous switch contacts in the menu
Right the keypad membrane buttons are momentary.
I tried using one for wired mode and it only works momentarily.
Needed to use a continous contact for the wired functions. Maybe there is a provision in the menu, if so on the 5 hp Vevor model I missed it.

I do not see why the 15 volt VFD supply is needed for function control- the one in the diagram just utilizes the common for any of the selectible control inputs. I did make use of the VFD 5 Volt for LED switch lighting.

The 12 volt supply is actually connected internally for the functions, but they also bring it out as a separate wire in case
it might be needed. +5 volts also available
Not a lot of current there but might be enough for a small relay and a couple LED indicators

The 12 volt supply is actually connected internally for the functions, but they also bring it out as a separate wire in case
it might be needed. +5 volts also available
Not a lot of current there but might be enough for a small relay and a couple LED indicators

For my CNC Bridgeport conversion, I got some 5V relays designed so that an Arduino can switch 120V.

Correct the remote function must be enabled. On the Vevor Model A2 Series Pn 04 is set to 2 to enable remote signal input. I haven't tried it yet but everything I found online so far indicates it requires a maintained contact on either the forward or reverse to run the motor. When the contact opens the VFD stops the motor.

everything I found online so far indicates it requires a maintained contact on either the forward or reverse to run the motor.

On Teco VFDs this continuous contact and momentary contact is a selectable setting.

The safest thing is to use a contactor with a separate on/off box so you don't accidentally remove power to the VFD. Power fails do what they do. but regularly powering down the VFD by accident would put the VFD at (perhaps slight) risk. On most US lathes they have a contactor at the back of the lathe (like all Monarch lathes). My Leblond has a large 'master switch' on my electrical box, for instance. This could be used to power up the VFD.

The power fail mode is sometimes settable. but the default is always that he motor is stopped when the VFD is powered up. So power fail behaviour is safe. At least on the 3 brands I have used. I do not own nor have I handled a Vevor VFD. This should be documented in the manual.

Thanks for the info. I am planning to put the VFD in a large enclosure with filter and fan. I do quite a bit of metal fab work and welding in the same building to there is sometimes quite a bit of dust. I plan to put a contactor in that enclosure to with a stop start button on the outside of the panel. The start/stop button and contactor would only be used to power up the VFD when I want to use the lathe and power it down when I am done using the lathe for the day

Back