Resolved Won’t accept password

Dell

Registered
Registered
To whom it may concern
When I try to log in the site will not accept my password even though it is correct the first couple of times I thought I must of put it in wrong so I clicked show password and I was putting it in correct, it seems to change the last three digits just to to @@ the only way I can log in is by forgot password please help as I am running out of new passwords.
Dell

Morning Dell,

What you are experiencing is very unusual. Our software doesn't change passwords automatically, that is all within your control. I can reset your password for you if you would like and send you the new password via email. Let me know if that is what you would like to do.

Outside of that support option, it may be that you have some software in your browser that manages your passwords that is causing the issue? I checked your account and everything looks in order from this end.

Bryan

Upvote 0
I'm not going to ask how many characters you are using in your passwords, but try at least temporally shortening the PW by three characters and see what happens. But I've never heard of any system having this problem.

Upvote 0
It happened again tonight next time it happens I will use a short password, it just seems odd that it should change the last three digits to @@@

Upvote 0
It happened again tonight next time it happens I will use a short password, it just seems odd that it should change the last three digits to @@@
@Dell, given the private nature of this problem, I'm going to send you a PM and try to troubleshoot this behind the scenes with you.

Upvote 0
Back