Resolved Won't allow me to post.

GummyMonster

Registered
Registered
I just tried posting a question about the thoughts and opinions of a lathe/milling machine combo I'm interested in buying.
When I try to post, I get the same message at the top of the screen that says I'm unable to post because my post is spam like or inappropriate.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong? I don't think I'm not following the rules, but maybe I've missed something or just don't remember the rule pertaining to new members posting.
Thanks for your time,
Ken

You need to have 2 messages it is to stop spammers so just reply to this and you should be able to post everywhere else

Upvote 0
@GummyMonster ,

One of the rules for initial posts is to avoid using ".com" in the message which is the reason your posts were flagged for spam.

It may seem arcane as far as internet protocols and rules go, but it does prevent a vast amount of spam from being propagated on the site. While your question about Alibabe is fine as far as content goes, we just require new members easing into posting prior to linking to other sites - even trusted ones. While it may seem like an inconvenience to new members, when everyone sticks to this rule - you wouldn't believe how much this benefits everyone, even you, down the road.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bryan

Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying this Bryan. I totally understand, I guess I missed or didn't commit to memory about the web address thing.
I'll make sure to avoid doing this in the future.

Upvote 0
Thanks for clarifying this Bryan. I totally understand, I guess I missed or didn't commit to memory about the web address thing.
I'll make sure to avoid doing this in the future.
After I think two or three posts, you can post to the Alibaba links as you wish.

Upvote 0
Back