Woohoo, Heinrich #6 punch

Great minds C.... I've been eyeing that as well.

The Heinrich is a quality tool for sure. Can't remember their specs on what size hole it'll punch through 1/8"?

I will say,the punch/die $ ain't cheap $30+ the ride.... and yes I could make them... it's one of those things that I'm gonna have to pass on(making them) because of bigger fish that need frying.

"Need" bwahaha,a corner notcher.

Funny, I had no clue that attachment existed until today and when I went to their site it said unavailable. I think they kinda boxed themselves in when they made it for just their press and it might be going away. Just as it’s discovered:) As it is its only available on eBay. The info on eBay is basically nil as what actually comes in the attachment.

My old arbor press has turned out to be far handier than I originally thought so being able to turn it into possibly a punch and notcher kills many birds with one stone for me. All the notchers are too expensive, far away and in “hostile” territory as I hate LA traffic. So this being 1 3/4 x 1 3/4” blade might be ok as right now doing sharp corners is kinda messy and hopefully it’s better than nothing. Atleast if it is a bust and can’t adapt it I can send it back.

There always seems to be a curious antique on CL. I’ve been pondering this thing he calls a pin shear, but who knows if that’s right. And what is a pin shear? I like the old cast iron frame as it reminds me of your Heinrich but it looks like it has a mechanism like one of the larger hand held punches on the bottom instead of the top. The jaws are really a head scratcher as they are not shears really. More like something to make bevels with I think.

1651329699395.jpeg

Back