Wore one out

A key point for me: a quality grinder is, well, less LOUD. ;-)
I bought a HF, turned it on, turned it off, and returned it...
My Milwaukee is going strong 15+ years later.

I, too, have a 7" B&D wildcat. Frickin' unstoppable! But hardly ever used unless I want to take off metal measurable with a tape measure!

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Um, hearing protection, eye protection, and if you can a mask for breathing. I have a problem with masks and glasses. FOG..
But I try.. I use ear stopples and headphone type, recent visit to the dr, he told me I need to add stopples, that my hearing was going (I knew it already, but he suggested I double up now).

Yep, I would never. If it breaks I fix it or buy a new one.
That's just the way I was brought up, and the way I feel about MY RESPONSIBILITY.
Same here... I had another friend borrow my new Dremel MM50-01 oscillating saw... brand new... returns it after two months looking like sh**.. blades without teeth... I just could not take it... I told him he had just bought a Dremel MM50... I made him buy me a new one... I was so ******off... he must have seen it in my face because I had a new Dremel the next day...

This is why I do not like to borrow any tool... I rather buy it, even if I only use it once...

I just do not get the folks that have no respect for other people's stuff...

Argghhh... let me grab an espresso to calm me down...

Last edited:
I have to admit something on here that may haunt me forever . 5 years ago or so I bought 3 sets of HF tools for each of the kids for their vehicles . These kits were maybe $40 a piece but had everything in them that were basic tools . I have used my sons to put everything together in his new house this past week with no issues other than no Channel Locks were in the set . I also traveled with a set in my truck across Canada for emergencies . Not to put a plug in for HF , but it sure beats hauling a Vidmar 3500 miles across Canada . :grin:

I’ve been impressed with HF power tools. Some even come with extra brushes.
I’m talking about the 7 amp 4 1/2” angle grinder that just runs forever.
I also picked a 110v hammer drill for $24.
Don’t use it often but heck, it gets the job done when I need a hole in concrete or masonry.

I recently revived the very same angle grinder. It hadn’t burned out yet, but the drive gear enclosure was not adequately lubricated (less than a raisin sized dab of brown grease for the entire enclosure).
I turned a new step bushing from bronze and reassembled it after a liberal extreme pressure red grease lube up.
Runs better than new!
Should have bought a new one, but what is the fun in that ????

I had purchased that same basic grinder once. It probably had 10 minutes run time on it when the gears stripped out. Never replaced it...

I had purchased that same basic grinder once. It probably had 10 minutes run time on it when the gears stripped out. Never replaced it...
Hope you took it back. I've heard of folks who had trouble with them but I never have. HF is usually pretty good about making it right if a tool fails right away.

John

Hope you took it back. I've heard of folks who had trouble with them but I never have. HF is usually pretty good about making it right if a tool fails right away.

John
Nope, didn't return it, didn't want to. I've never bought another item from HF with moving parts!

Back