Work Shop Talk - Cleaning Sanding Belts & Sanding Discs Easily

Are there differences in brands online, I see them at 9.00 to 20.00 similar sizes?

if you happen to go to places like goodwill and find shoes with crepe rubber soles they are the same thing
That's a really great tip. Are they the same colour? Or do they just have to be that grippy rubber material to work?

Are there differences in brands online, I see them at 9.00 to 20.00 similar sizes?
I've just done a Google search and there's lot of different brands, they all look to me like they are exactly the same colour and made out of the same rubber. I reckon I'd go with the cheaper option (if its the same size) I think anything advertised to work specifically for cleaning belts would work as the rubber literally peels anything of the belt. Even if you sand dried varnish or paint off wood, do you know how that gums up the grit? The rubber will strip that straight off.

I bought a stick of similar stuff from Harbor Freight and used it to clean up some loaded files I bought off EBay. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another great tip thank you, I have a draw full of files that I will be having a go at cleaning them up!

I use a gum rubber stick for for lite cleaning of my belts. However to remove heavy build up of wood tar, burnt wood, glue and varnish. I use spray oven cleaner. Follow safety instructions on can. Let set for about 1 hour and wash with plenty of water. Hang to dry.

Back