Wrong Rpm Motor On My Wards Version Logan 200

I ordered one of the non-contact digital laser photo tachometers the other day. I plan to check the rpm readings at different places and check to make sure I don't break something.

Put the proper motor on it. Or take it off and sell it without the motor.

Put the proper motor on it. Or take it off and sell it without the motor.
I am hoping to find one locally and make a trade or sell mine to purchase the correct motor. Ebay has several, but the shipping charges are high. I need to search for a local electrical repair shop to see what they have. I don't use the lathe at the moment so there is no worry about tearing it up, except when I break something trying to fix it.

I will look see if I have a used one in the shop.
What frame size, shaft size, Mount do you have?
Ray

Just go to Grizzly and order one of the Chicom (gasp) motors in the correct configuration. I did the same a while back and that was one of the better $75-$100purchases I made.

Aren't chucks rated for certain speed ranges? wonder what happens if run too fast?

I will look see if I have a used one in the shop.
What frame size, shaft size, Mount do you have?
Ray
It is a cradle style mount 9 1/4" between the end brackets. The shaft is 5/8", but 3/4" is okay. My pulley is 3/4, but I have a slotted bushing to make it fit my shaft. I appreciate the help.

002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

Sorry I didn't have any capacitor start motors and you would want that on the lathe.
Shouldn't be hard to find as it appears to be a 56 frame motor.

Ray

Sorry I didn't have any capacitor start motors and you would want that on the lathe.
Shouldn't be hard to find as it appears to be a 56 frame motor.

Ray
Thanks for looking. I think I will put it on a barter listing on craigslist. What designates it as a 56 frame motor?

Back