WTF is Up With Argon?

Seems familiar somehow...

Of course I had to make my own version for the kids.
With disposable water bottles as the rockets.
For groups and friends we used a manual bicycle pump, at home we used the shop compressor, at nearly reasonably limits......
Amazing how much pressure you can put in one.
Great wet fun for a hot summer day.

I always thought that a 3D-printed screw-on fin arrangement would be perfect, but never spent the time.
Perhaps they are already available online.

Brian

I always thought that a 3D-printed screw-on fin arrangement would be perfect, but never spent the time.
Perhaps they are already available online.

Brian
Troops in Ukraine are doing something very similar right now....they 3D print stabilizing fins that thread onto very old, obsolete Russian anti-tank grenades and then use drones to drop them. I guess that's the high-tech, low-tech, high-tech solution!

I do well in my gas suppler, but another thing that has skyrocketed are consumables. Manufacturers know they got you by the ones. I am a loyal Lincoln guy but I should have gone to another brand for the plasma cutter. The Pro-Cut 55 consumables are very expensive. When I see them on eBay I jump on them.

Troops in Ukraine are doing something very similar right now....they 3D print stabilizing fins that thread onto very old, obsolete Russian anti-tank grenades and then use drones to drop them. I guess that's the high-tech, low-tech, high-tech solution!
That explains what I've been seeing in those drone videos. I was wondering.

Mythbusters did a broken valve episode.
Pierre

Reactions: rwm
I made the mistake of asking AirGas for another small bottle for my mig welder thinking they would just charge me for the gas. Then I get the invoice for rental.....over a dollar a day for it to sit there just in case I run out!!!! I'd be money ahead to blow my concrete with it and take the bottle back!!

I made the mistake of asking AirGas for another small bottle for my mig welder thinking they would just charge me for the gas. Then I get the invoice for rental.....over a dollar a day for it to sit there just in case I run out!!!! I'd be money ahead to blow my concrete with it and take the bottle back!!
Renting bottles is one of those things you only fall for once. It's a real money-maker, kind of like extended warranties.

Back