X axis Power Feed only works in one direction

Moosedog

Registered
Registered
So I just picked up a used PM932M the PF works one way but the other it just hums like it's bound up. The drawings I have found only show it as a unit. Has anyone had this problem and Where can I find info and parts if needed?

Thanks Moosedog

You don’t have much to loose, just take it apart and see what’s going on in there.

I took one of the standard x axis power feed units apart. There was a huge explosion of parts, springs, etc. Inside it is really a marvel or a nightmare, depending on your point of view. I was happy to declare it unrepairable.

I took one of the standard x axis power feed units apart. There was a huge explosion of parts, springs, etc. Inside it is really a marvel or a nightmare, depending on your point of view. I was happy to declare it unrepairable.
An explosion of parts is always a bad day! I think I will tear it apart after I get my blood pressure meds refilled just in case! Ha ha

I would check the directional switch on the feed first. Sounds like the culpri.

Nothing is bound up and the travel limit switch seems to be ok.
I would check the directional switch on the feed first. Sounds like the culpri.
Is this different than the limit switch? Is it the switch the direction lever pushes?

Correct directional lever has switches to power power feed. Limit switches stop the power going to power feed.

Back