Yam-Mori Seiki-Cadillac lathe

Bachevelle52

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Anyone here either own or have experience with an 850 series lathe? I’m stumped with regard to the change gears.
I thought perhaps another member could help me with photos or advice, specifically with regard to the 36t “a” gear. My “a” gear is 72/36, the data plate says for a/b= 72/72, double all feed rates. My problem is; the only way I could conceivably engage the 36t with the intermediate gear is to separate the 120 and 127 intermediate gears. Once I do that I find I run out of swing to engage the gears 3/8” before the 120t intermediate gear contacts the 36t “a” gear.
I’m sure that makes no sense, I’m assuming I don’t have all the change gears. I’d happily order the required gears if someone know where I could find them.
My machine is labeled Yam2233. The manual claims it’s an 850 series, the controls and layout are the same as a MS-850G Mori Seiki.

....this manual:
claims to cover the MS850.

Brian

You have some skill, Brino.

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks guys.
Yes this is the same gear train I have. The top gear in the photo is the problem with mine. I don’t have individual 36 and 72 teeth change gears, mine is 36/72. Even if I separate the 127 from the 120 intermediate, the adjustment runs out before the 120 and 36 meet.
I can cut all the imperial threads just can’t feed any slower than about .0038-
It’s not such a big deal, at this point I’d just like to solve the mystery. I keep thinking it’s like a serpentine belt and I’m just doing it wrong.

Back