Yippeeeeee Work Station up n running

stuarth44

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
all working, just chain guard to do now, got pressure backed off to suit pressing ram, that's the 2 inch one , the 3 inch needs just low pressure to form plate, the hydraulic motor goes from 0-110 rpm, for forming you go slow, can form 48 inch wide, the 4 inch black cyl is for pressing yacht frames, pipe , whatever

Attachments

• 20211117_152129.jpg
    20211117_152129.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 90
  • press23.jpg
    press23.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 82
What sort of operations will you be doing with this?
Aaron

but i may build another, i dunno I'm 75 and suffered a stroke, it is harder now, not much use of my left arm

Very interesting! Nice work!
Cheers
Martin

all working, just chain guard to do now, got pressure backed off to suit pressing ram, that's the 2 inch one , the 3 inch needs just low pressure to form plate, the hydraulic motor goes from 0-110 rpm, for forming you go slow, can form 48 inch wide, the 4 inch black cyl is for pressing yacht frames, pipe , whatever

Wow, thanks for sharing this!
Those I-beams are some very heavy metal.
What an inspiring build.

Any chance you could get some short videos of the work station in action?

-brino

Hi Stuart! Quite a massive construction you have put together- did you build the rams or buy them?
-Mark

I saw an English wheel on steroids being used to form 1/2" plate on the rebuilding of the 125 ft steam yacht Cangarda about 15 years ago at the Rutherford Boat Shop in Richmond Ca. Everything on the hull was curved, it came out beautiful, you can see it in all stages of construction online, just google the name.

thanks all, yeppers it is heavy but on cast steel casters
I did not build the rams, but buy anything that comes up for sale
this is the old one, was ashamed of it so dismantled it, kept the radial motor and ram, had a screw jack to apply force. You can stretch too if you need compound stuff as in the photo of me in the 80s plating a sailing boat, we call this putting banana in the plate, it took 5 mins to teach my son how to, just make a ply template and bring it up little by little, this has a 8 inch R
1637178466734.jpeg

Attachments

• plating.jpg
    plating.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 40
Back