You Think I Paid Too Much????

Had a part for customer to work on this morning but I'll start looking for belts.

Here are pics of the name tags on the sander and one of the saw blade. Haven't seen a blade exactly like it before, but I've never owned a saw like that either.

I think the sander is made by IR. Did a search and that came up a couple of times.

20160819_121647.jpg 20160819_121658.jpg 20160819_122026.jpg

Last edited:
Great score! That saw blade looks suspiciously like it ground-down bandsaw blade. It may well be that standard Sawzall blades will fit.

I have a band saw blade that broke at the weld, now I know why I saved it.

Lennox has some also.

http://www.lenoxtools.com/pages/air-saw-blades.aspx

Well................that dang addiction just won't let me go. Found this for $2 at a sale I passed by. Saw tools and pulled a u turn to get back to it.

It's a Lincoln. Guy said it had grease in it. I think I'll change it to something good like Mobile 1.

At this rate of spending $25 on a weekend the $3k I got for the mill will only last me 2.3 years. A fool and his money........................... :)

20160819_162832.jpg

Last edited:
Body shops used to use a recip saw like that quite a bit. I have a air file that I can put blades on, but the stroke is pretty short. I think they just offer blades because they can. Could be nice in a tight spot though.

Wow, congratulations.

Those finger sanders are really great for getting into small areas.
I found an electric one and then (luckily) found belts at my local fastener supply place.
Makita still makes an electric one that takes 21" belts.

What size belts does yours take?

-brino

Looks like a 1/2" x 24" belt. I see them on Amazon and some other places.

I found some saw blades and belts on Ebay. Best price I could find for quality blades. They are Lennox.

Belts are generic for now. Will get me by while I find new uses for the sander.

A regular hacksaw blade will fit in the saw. I had one for a long time, most use full for cutting deer legs of for skinning!

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

Back