You Won't Believe What This Newbie Made.

That mace would do good for the TEXAS size mosquitos around here!

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

For a newbie, that is pretty darn impressive. Now do us all a favor. Please, please, roll up the sleeves, take off the ring and watch.
Seriously! We want you to keep making things. It's much easier with all appendages where they belong.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting design.

I like the ability to replace the inserts after smashing a zombies head and he happens to have a metal plate.

Steve

That is really damn cool. How long did it take to make and what was the total materials cost?

WOW! Thank you for the positive feedback and actually taking the time to check out the work. It took a while (many evenings) because I have a regular job, wife, kids, dog, ...life. I'm working on a variety of projects and I'm going to put out more videos to chronicle the experiences of a beginner. Like I said, I hope these inspire others to try. As Paul in OKC said, the newbie ignorance is sometimes a good thing. But more importantly studying, reading, and planning are still a necessity especially with such a huge potential for injury or machine destruction. Yes, I need to roll up the sleeves and tuck in the draw strings on my hood. But, it was so darn cold.:cold:

As I already said, "Thank you".

I do have a question actually 2 questions. Should I gather the equipment and learn to scrape ways or just pay the quote I received of about $500 to have the ways resurfaced?

Second, I'm going to be making a spindle cartridge and I'm still not getting an ultra smooth finish. I end up sanding/light filing. On something like this I want tight fits, but I'm afraid of spoiling accuracy due to sanding. Suggestions would be appreciated. I know I should take light cuts and try higher speeds but it still isn't happening. The steel is 12L14 and I'm cutting with hss bits ground to the "knife" profile and I've also tried a right hand turning tool. So frustrating.

Ok that was a long post.

Back