2016 POTD Thread Archive

If your doall saw has a single phase 230 volt motor, the jumpered out fuse is probably on the neutral. If it is a three phase motor, you need a new fuse. I am guessing that someone adapted a three phase switchbox for single phase use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The work bench my drill press and sanders sit on it usually cluttered with tools and accessories. It is hard to clean and I end up sucking up tools and parts! I need an elevated shelf behind the tools to set all this crap on.
So I TIG welded this shelf from aluminum tubing from an old sign:

Plywood top and some feet. Nicer than wood I think.
R

Last edited by a moderator:
If your doall saw has a single phase 230 volt motor, the jumpered out fuse is probably on the neutral. If it is a three phase motor, you need a new fuse. I am guessing that someone adapted a three phase switchbox for single phase use.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Its 3 phase with a static converter. I put in a new fuse and it works fine.

Hey RWM I didnt know we were neighbors.

Here's my POTD, actually 2 days. The lathe stand was yesterday and today. The taper attachment was just a remount today. The taper attachment was made before I got the mill, which explains the crappy slots in the steel guides (I hope).

upload_2016-4-27_18-58-2.png upload_2016-4-27_18-58-53.png

Edit: I forgot to mention that I plan to fill in that gaping void under the lathe with some wooden drawers to hold all of the tools I have gathered since getting the lathe ........ and seem to keep gathering.

Last edited:
Here's a project from a few weeks ago. I used to have my welder on a dedicated rolling table but there was no top and no room for the plasma. So I always had to haul the plasma around by hand, if it was needed. Now everything is conveniently together. I made the drawer (first steel one) by cutting the pieces with the plasma and spot welding together. The handle is a piece of rebar heated in my recently made forge and shaped on the anvil I made. I think I may have too many hobbies.
upload_2016-4-27_21-10-50.png

upload_2016-4-27_21-11-40.png

HBilly,
That custom rebar handle makes me spontaneously produce "Tim Allen like" sounds. I don't know how to spell them though.
I hope they showed "Tool Time" in BC.
Here you go:

Nice work.

The work bench my drill press and sanders sit on it usually cluttered with tools and accessories. It is hard to clean and I end up sucking up tools and parts! I need an elevated shelf behind the tools to set all this crap on.
So I TIG welded this shelf from aluminum tubing from an old sign: top and some feet. Nicer than wood I think.
R

You do know that elevated shelf is just going to let more cluttered tools and accessories sit. Don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rwm
Back