2016 POTD Thread Archive

I like to store heavy things in the back of anything with that potential for that reason.

I cable mine to the wall...i had my big snap on go down one day....i wasn't even in the shop...one day while watching tv we heard a crash. looked outside nothing...a week later i go out in the shop...:headache:

Had a large snap on box go over on a guy 4 stalls up from me. Loud clanging crash and plenty of moaning, took 4 of us to get it of him.

Same here. Had a good size Snap-On bottom box go over. I only had the second from the bottom drawer open, took what I needed turned away and a about a minute later the sound of drawers sliding open and tools crashing to the floor as the box went over. Scared the bejesus out of me. If I would have been in front of that box ouch wouldn't be the only word I said. So be careful. My box at work scares me more, larger Snap-On bottom and top but is an older model that is not as deep as the newer boxes. Cheeks are clenched every time I have to move it, even with all the drawers locked.

this was my favorite box..you would have to work hard to tip it over.....

Spray can storage in the back too...

20100526-2233125.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Toolmaster I remember when those came out! Yes you would really have to try to tip one of those over. The diesel guy in our shop still has one.

Make sure you add some counter balance to the back side of table.
If you load much weight in a drawer and pull it out, it could cause the whole thing to tip over.

I used the same casters that come with the box and the frame is 2x2x.120 tubing and 2x3/16" angle so fairly heavy. Table is wider now with the extra weight of the table frame as a counter balance and is still only 40" OAH which is the same as the HF box as delivered.

Dang, wish I could weld like that, it's a sight to see.

Back