2016 POTD Thread Archive

fixing a leaky washing machine..turns out Amana in its infinite wisdom thought that the drain hose laying across the rear leg adjuster bar was an ok thing to do....surprise , it rubbed it's way through...

it has a pin hole....this should patch it and keep from rubbing..1/2 pvc full of silicone slapped in place...and a pill bottle spacer down the line to suspend it...

so far this week i had to fix,,coffee machine, welder now this...

FullSizeRender (2).jpg IMG_8389.JPG IMG_8387.JPG

Did some cleaning today. Asked a supplier what degreaser he recommend, Oil Eater. I tried it out, works great. I have tried other cleaners and could not get my dials and other parts of the machine clean. Now I can easily see the numbers. This stuff really degreases, even diluted it works great. No wait time, spray it on and within a few seconds it easily wipes off.
IMG_0350.JPG IMG_0351.JPG IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0354.JPG

...New Tux...
I bet it'll be really sharp once the green masking is removed! That's the picture I'm awaiting.

The sock reminds me of that American pie movie:grin big::eek:

As Chevy mentioned, Paul, aka ZTFab's main line of work is custom fabrication and his work is stressed at many levels. He has a big following not only because of the robotic ease in which he makes welds look but the quality of his work. I like watching Jody from WTT but if I had to be in a roll cage where my life depended on it I would pick Paul to build it everyday......He is the real deal...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Id be happy to be as good as either. Jody doesn't have much on pulse mig. There isnt much on pulse mig YouTube wise.
It is a different technique from normal cv ive found, it takes me a bit to adapt to a standard as i use mine on pulse almost exclusively.
I might not get the stack of dimes perfect but having done a fair amount of changing my mind half way through jobs i can safely say that trying to undo what i have welded is not an easy task!
They are amazing to weld with the Kemppi's, if you ever get a chance to test one it is worth it. They just make you look good.

so that is where the socks disappear to.
It's actually a pretty common trick among Yamaha shaftie owners to slip a sock over the output shaft when painting.

Keeps the paint off the driven gear collar, the output shaft and universal joints.

Plus, it's one last use for my "hole-y" socks before hitting the big dumpster in the sky...
:)

...New Tux...
I bet it'll be really sharp once the green masking is removed! That's the picture I'm awaiting.
It's probably not going to look that good when first off.

I didn't put an extreme amount of care into the masking since the masked parts will be removed, stripped of clear coat and then polished.

Covers are on there to basically keep paint out of where it shouldn't be. I masked them to just cut down on the amount of stripping needed.

:)

Me and my 9yr old just came in from a lesson on the lathe. We we went over the basic parts and what their function is.
Then we parted the head off of a .750" diameter bolt and knurled the 4" shaft.
He was super excited....... now I have to hide the spare shop key.
Im gonna scrounge around for some brass stock to make a hammer head for his newly knurled hammer handle.:)

Sent from somewhere in East Texas Jake Parker

Did some cleaning today. Asked a supplier what degreaser he recommend, Oil Eater. I tried it out, works great. I have tried other cleaners and could not get my dials and other parts of the machine clean. Now I can easily see the numbers. This stuff really degreases, even diluted it works great. No wait time, spray it on and within a few seconds it easily wipes off.
View attachment 121598 View attachment 121599 View attachment 121600 View attachment 121601 View attachment 121602

I also hear it lifts stains from concrete. Bought a gallon jug last week but haven't tried it yet.

Tom S.

Back