2016 POTD Thread Archive

Thanks for all your comment guys. I am sure I will be making a few more at least.

Mike.

John, Thanks for the great idea! If only I'd know this a week or two ago...
Happy you (all) liked it!
Yes, I have two different sizes of #0 nuts, from microfasteners.com. I started using the larger ones on the spoke shoes, but switched to the smaller ones. They are more in keeping with the proper scale. I need to order more today. Probably whatever cap screw uses a 1/8" allen wrench would be the one for nutdriving.
¼" setscrew
You say 5/16" for the #0, did you mean 5/32?
OOPS! Ya got me!

Nice job ncjeeper, I did that same thing with internal and external threading inserts, it's fun to make your own cutting tools

I've been bogged down in home maintenance lately, but was able to get into the shop last night and mock-up a new tool rest for the grinder.
IMAG0147.jpg

ordered a new Standridge grade A surface plate, little guy 12x9x3, $125 bucks, made in USA, ordered direct. Im going to be making a cast iron lap for my work soon, it will be hand scraped, with charging grooves, currently we send our compressor valves to a machine shop to be rebuilt, they face them on the lathe, then lap them flat. its expensive, having our own lap will pay for itself the first time its used for the valves.

Back