2017 POTD Thread Archive

This is a GREAT thread!!

Yep, for a very long time too! Not that it needs it due to popularity but I just noticed that this thread is not stickied, well it should be. So it's "stuck" now. ;)

I have used gunk hand cleaner with Boraxo. Lately, I just use Palmolive dish and hand soap with a scrub brush. I always thought Lava stank too much for my delicate sensibilities. Sometimes solvents are the only option, or WD40 works pretty good, followed up with dish and hand soap. When solvent will only do, I re-hydrate my hands with Utter Butter utter cream.

Well I finally had a good day to get into the garage and do something. So far I milled some T bolts to fit the slots on this Atlas as they were .030 too wide. Then I cleaned up the edges to fit on 2 T nuts I had laying around that didn't fit anything I owned. I plane to get my mount to an Indexer for my lathe made also. The more I use this little Atlas the more I love it. Anyway. Here's a couple pics as I know you guys like pics.

CAM00035.jpg

CAM00036.jpg

Nice little nuts you have there Bill LOL
Seriously, there used to be a hand cleaner made here called "Sans-Soil" a paste with pumice and lanolin. Best stuff in the world, I still have some. I'll be sad when it's gone.

Yeah, now that I read it it does look suspicious. LOL

Yes it looks wrong, but if you hover over it the URL is actually:
upload_2017-3-8_20-51-18.png

Just a strange coincidental shortening/hyphenation........Great-Value-Ultra-Concentrated-Original-Scent

-brino

Got done with the new improved Belt Grinder tonight. Works great and is very sturdy.
Might change out the motor with a 1.5 hp I picked up at an auction last weekend.
Used 1/4 " steel plate for sides. 3/8 x 1.5" Aluminum flats for top, bottom and arm spacers.
1.5" solid square for tracking arm, rest arm and Grinding head. 1" Delrin round for handle.
Drilled and tapped the main body 1/4 x 28, used SS button head cap screws to hold everything together.

upload_2017-3-8_20-10-30.png

upload_2017-3-8_20-10-47.png

upload_2017-3-8_20-11-1.png

upload_2017-3-8_20-11-13.png

Back