2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice tool Zathros, i built this one some time back, works perfectly.
View attachment 238348 View attachment 238349

Got something like that too à while back.
Were only in morseconus 2 and My tailstock has MC1 so I Worked it down to the MC1 myself.

IMG_1643.JPGIMG_1642.JPG

The one Bought yesterday is only for 25mm. Have to make à adapter for the 20mm platjes myself. Not that difficult. And the other one has the larger adapters tja Will fit the 25mm up to 35mm plates.
Not that my lathe is that strong for harder material than aluminium but Good enough.

When harder materials need à tread I use the tools for that in the right gearbox setting.
Work with 6xxx 7xxx aluminium and stainless steel and titanium often.
Making bicycle parts mostly and handy tools for My lathe/milling set.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

I work with much bigger pieces, my die holder holds 55, 45, 38, 30, 25 mm thread dies.My tailstock is MT5.

Most threading i'll do is under 1mm à thread. Like bottom brackets 38mm diameter but Very fine threads. Your machine is definately larger and stronger than mine. I have only à 10"x 4" small one just about 0.5KW engine. Good enough tho for the bicycle parts.
I hope to buy à 15"x5" Some day. About the largest size I can place in my Tiny workshop.

Wow 10"x 4" that a very small lathe and explains why you are buying this type of tools, instead making them, my machine shop is only 2,3 x 3,9 meters, less them 9 m2 and i have an 1k62 in it, you can see my lathe in the link below, its has 11kw motor:
http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/new-member-from-kumanovo-macedonia-europe.60652/

Some tools I make myself Some buy in à webshop or wherever they can do me à Good buy. Or to much effort to make My own.

My shop is about 2.3m x 2m.
So it's à continously Used every day. Don't have to Walk far for My tools tho. LOL
Everything is within armlenght reach.
So I might have the tinyest machine shop of all here If you would see What I have here one could call me à tool geek tho.
One desk is in the middle No wheels.
One on the right(blue) I can pull out and work on it, mostly metal works.
The one on the left of me carries all bike and car tools and has wheels too so I can pull it out. At My back I have à small welding an hard/soft soldering car.
It also has à large vertical compressor 50liters capacity and at the entrance à car with all My bicycle tools.
Almost Everything is on wheels exept My main work desk.

There are Some pics somewere on the forum but Hey why not à few more.
IMG_1646.JPG IMG_1645.JPGIMG_1644.JPG

Got a Brown and Sharpe Bestest 7031-3 from Ebay $69.00 US. The auction was buy it now. The lady said she does not know what it is, how it works or if it works so listed As-Is. I took a chance since she is honest about it. It turned out to be in excellent condition and is smooth as silk.
Dsc_0035small.jpg Dsc_0036small.jpg

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back